Top 5 Emerging Technologies to watch out in 2020
Every year, technology is rapidly evolving and digitally transforming businesses, thereby driving disruptions and creating new tech-ecosystems. Enterprises have already geared up to adopt state-of-the-art technologies into their workplaces and cash in on fresh tech-opportunities to build their brands.
We’ve collated here 5 best emerging technologies and their top trends that are expected to impact the world in general and businesses in particular in 2020
- Artificial Intelligence
AI has been here for the last few years; but it’s not going to slow down. According to a survey by Gartner, the average number of AI and ML projects by organizations will increase to 10 this year.
- Global AI chip (AI accelerators) market will see substantial growth.
- AI-driven tools and Natural Language Processing (NLP) will convert voice interactions into useful data.
- Cybersecurity will be enhanced by leveraging AI and ML to detect and troubleshoot attacks.
- Edge Computing
When data is processed and content delivered closer to the edge, i.e, at the source of information, rather than on the cloud, bandwidth costs and latency are reduced. This is the concept of Edge Computing.
- A report by Statista predicts that the market for Edge Computing will reach 6.72 billion dollars by 2022.
- Along with 5G and IoT, it will improve data transfer and revolutionize Industry 4.0.
- Cloud services like IaaS and PaaS will be provided on Edge computing infrastructure.
- 5G Network
The fifth-generation wireless technology is racing ahead due to its super-fast speeds, huge capacity, ultra-low latency and wider spectrum.
- Enterprises will opt for private 5G deployments in 2020, says Deloitte TMT predictions.
- AR/VR will offer a new immersive experience with 5G due to increased wireless capacity and low latency.
- Autonomous vehicles and IoT- enabled smart devices will perform better with 5G.
A decentralized, chronologically ordered, distributed ledger technology, Blockchain allows secure peer-to-peer transactions within a network without any third-party interference.
- BaaS – Blockchain-as-a-Service will be offered by tech giants like Amazon and Microsoft.
- Interoperability and integration between blockchains will become a reality.
- And most importantly, Facebook is expected to launch its blockchain-based cryptocurrency, Libra.
- Quantum Computing
Based on the principle of quantum-mechanical phenomena, Quantum computing is a non-classical way of solving computational problems using quantum bits or qubits. This technology is exponentially faster than classical computing methods.
- New innovative solutions like Quantum sensors and Quantum satellites will emerge.
- Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) encryption will enhance security in 5G networks.
- Quantum computing software and platforms will blend together with AI and cloud technologies.
That sums up the best of disruptive technologies expected to create waves in the industry landscape this year. These can be innovatively integrated with each other for creating ground-breaking enterprise and digital solutions.